My ANNO 2070 Experience


Save Game Here

There's one thing I love more than freebies or good food and that's a good game. So when ANNO 2070 went on sale in December, I couldn't help but buy it. I've put in a good amount of time playing it and I just completed my first sandbox game. For about $15, I got pretty good value from this game. Now in terms of "completing it" I meant it in the sense of developing all the islands to a standard that I found satisfactory. The reason why I love Anno 2070 is the fact that I can role play and imagine an entirely different world and the politics that take place within it. With that in mind I developed each island in the game to exemplify different characteristics as if they were different factions vying for power. I wanted to make them unique and the majority of the time in game was spent making each island beautiful through adding scenery objects. If you want to take a closer look beyond the perfunctory screenshots, I've included the saved game file here. I call this map the "Temporal Islands." My map also includes some late game formulas such as (Persuasion Emitters, Ying-Yang regulator and the Virtual facades), which you only receive at the end of your career progression.

For those who are really interested in ANNO 2070, I found a map that provides infinite resources as well as islands are are considered the best in terms of size and resource slots. You can find it here (Link Dead - new link below). While I like the concept, I think it would be too easy a game given that you don't have to worry about ever running out of resources. I also found the map to look somewhat artificial as all the islands are equal distance away from each other and are laid out in a repeating pattern. But with that said, on a map like this you could probably push your population to over one million. In comparison my map only has a population of about 31,000.














Edit: It looks like the link for the "perfect" island map is gone. So I uploaded my copy of it in case people still want to use it. Click here



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

 

Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.

Network

Followers

Total Pageviews

Support

If you like this site and want to help support me, please feel free to donate what you can.